Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ready for school!!!

Hello blogland! And welcome to almost back to school time! :) My current college freshmen are moving into dorms this week and I'm in the process of buying school supplies and getting my daughter back into a healthy sleeping routine! :) WOOOT!!!! I'm kinda looking forward to going back to work this year...I enjoyed the time at home with the kiddies, don't get me wrong, but teaching a bunch of high school students is WAY easier than taking care of five bratty kids all summer, just sayin! :)

In preparation for going back to school, I did work on some more student based cards this past week. I have all of five cards ready for my 40 graduating seniors but the year is still young yet... :)

This one was made featuring one of my favorite stamps from Kenny K...

I made this card with a special student in mind... the red highlights are totally inspired by her current doo... :) The notebook paper is also a stamp I snagged at Scrap-A-Doodle Doo recently and inked up with some distress ink (Weathered Wood)... the paper kinda goes with that school theme...

I colored the image with copics and am STILL scared of the dark when it comes to darkening up my skin tones... I was told at the recent Copic Intermediate Certification class that my skin looks like y girls are vampires... WELLL.... this one may be a bit Bella-esque, but I'm working on it... :)

Thanks for looking and as always, happy scrapping! :)

Challenges:
Kenny K's (Anything Goes)
Catered Crop (Distress)
Pile it On (P.... Patterned Paper, iPOD)




3 comments:

  1. Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with pale-skinned girls!!! (I'm a redhead...just sayin'). Thanks for playing with us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute! Wonderful coloring job and I like the clean simple design.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Best,
    Jodi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pile It On

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!